Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, December 9, 2011

Chitrangda Singh’s family loves Desi Boyz




    Till a few days ago, she was famous as the simple girl from Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2005). But now, Chitrangda Singh has undergone a 360-degree makeover for her much-appreciated glam outing in Desi Boyz.
Of course, she is elated with the response. Especially since her husband, champion golfer Jyoti Randhawa too loved the film and her performance. “Jyoti loved it. In fact, he enjoyed the whole film,” she says with a laugh, adding, “Since it’s an A certificate film, my son Zorawar can’t watch it.” Interestingly, Jyoti had liked Irrfan Khan’s performance more in Chitrangda’s last hit, Yeh Saali Zindagi.

“But this time, Jyoti really relished the film, besides my look and performance,” she smiles. “He thought the comedy in Desi Boyz was very balanced and well controlled without bordering on mindlessness. I am excited that everyone has liked the film.” Not just her husband, Chitrangda’s mother too loved the film, especially her glam look. “My family have all loved it. They told me I have never looked so gorgeous. And my mother is the happiest. I don’t think they expected me to look like this (in a glamorous avatar),” she laughs. The actor feels her new avatar was a “bit of a shocker” for them. “In fact, my mother told me, ‘you are the best.’ Being a mother, she must be biased, but she thought I was better than others. It felt good,” says Chitrangda, adding, she feels “great and happy” that Desi Boyz got a great response.

“And what makes me happier is that the response to my look has been very encouraging. Someone told me that the transition has been extremely seamless and he wondered why I waited so long to do a film like Desi Boyz. So, I thought it was very sweet because someone from the industry told me that after a screening,” says Chitrangda, who has Sudhir Mishra’s next, besides John Abraham-starrer I Me Aur Main, in her kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment