Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Rahman wants 'Dam 999' to win Oscar




AR Rahman has expressed hope that 'Dam 999', which was nominated in the Best Film and Best Original Song categories at the 84th Academy Awards, will bring laurels to the nation just as he did for his work in Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire.
..........



Speaking at the music launch function of the film 'Ek Deewana Tha' (Hindi version of 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya') in Agra, the Oscar-Grammy winner said, "I was very excited to hear about Dam 999. Hariharan (singer) texted me about it. I know Ousephachan, we have worked together. I pray at least one of the songs wins an Oscar because the film's music is brilliant."
"It's very exciting and I want someone to join my league," Rahman told reporters on the sidelines of the music launch of 'Ek Deewana Tha'.

On reports that he was denied permission to perform in front of Taj Mahal, Rahman said, "I am here for the film's music release, not to perform live. Even I was shocked when I heard that I was supposed to perform. I don't know who spreads these rumours."

He added: "I wanted my audience to look at the beauty of Taj and not stare at me when my songs were played. Coming to Taj is like coming back home."

No comments:

Post a Comment